« Home | 2. Age of Empires II vs. Age of Empires III » | 1.TES III: Morrowind vs. TES IV: Oblivion » | Old PC games vs. The new one’s »

3. Worms 2D (World Party, because I played them mostly) vs. Worms 3D (All made in 3D)

We have a small evolution here. Famous Worms became 3D by the end of 2003. Is that good move? Yes and no. Let’s see!

a) Worms World Party

Is there any person in the world that hasn’t heard about this legend? No? I knew that. Worms World Party are made in 2001. I have spent thousand of hours playing them with my friends. And I’m not sorry for that.

This game is art. Who doesn’t enjoy watching cute, little worms hitting each other with bazooka, mortar, war axe, minigun, giant donkey, etc. My favorite is Holy Hand Grenade (HALLELUJAH! KA-BOOOM!!!). The game is like a opium. You can’t stop when YOU want, but when GAME want it. That is the reason I stopped playing it. I saved my life... hehe. The game is so simple that, no matter how hard I tried, I didn’t succeeded in finding its flaws.

Rate: 9.5/10

b) Worms made in 3D

First 3D worms are made in 2003, named Worms 3D (oh, my, how innovative...). And it was pretty good, but it had (then and now) one big problem: camera’s angle. It was hard to climb on anything, because of it. Like WWP, this game don’t have any serious flaws (except 3D, maybe...), but when crossed in third dimension, game lost some of it atmosphere... I don’t know why.

Rate: 8/10

Links

  • AXA Games Reverse (<<)
  • BestGameWallpapers
  • Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites